Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Full-time, office based or remote (min. one day per fortnight in office)
We are looking for a highly skilled developer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming.
At West Sussex creative marketing agency PMW there’s never a dull day. With clients ranging from famous charities, event venues, financial services, schools and national and international organisations, a career at PMW is fast-paced, varied and always exciting!
The agency has a dynamic culture and yet there is a strong family feel among its 30-strong team members.
Life at PMW is all about high quality work, client servicing, pushing boundaries and developing its people. No wonder the 27-year old agency is one of the leading in the South East.
Long-service awards, GEM awards, high street and cinema discounts, an attendance bonus, BBQs on the deck and Christmas parties fit for celebrities are just some of the perks of working for PMW.
This is an awesome opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to begin a career with an agency, which has a rich history, an exciting future and continues to go from strength to strength.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of two and will report to the Digital Director.
Full Stack Developer Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and experience with other server-side languages such as NodeJS/Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, MSSQL, and SQLite.
- Practical experience with testing and test-driven development.
- Experience working with PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Yii2
- Experience building with and managing WordPress websites.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Presentation skills, ability to talk about and present your ideas to team members and clients.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Managing fellow developers.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications and the PMW content management system.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimisation for all devices and viewports.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
The PMW development team plays a role in all parts of a project’s life cycle. So whilst you’ll spend most of your time writing code, expect to spend time on planning and discovery, liaising with other departments, talking to clients, and analysing data metrics.
Candidates should be able to show and discuss some projects they have worked on. We want to see a deep understanding of the customer as well as technical prowess.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with servers and LEMP stack.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as git.
- Familiarity with eCommerce and Shopify.
Salary: £40k – £50k depending on experience.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org