Senior Full Stack Developer, full time – permanent
Flexible and hybrid working options
Well-known for our creativity and high-quality work, our client base is exciting and varied. Our portfolio ranges from event venues and IT providers to accountants, property agents and managers and construction companies.
The agency has a dynamic culture and yet there is a strong family feel among our 30-strong team members.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and experience with other server-side languages such as NodeJS/Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, MSSQL, and SQLite.
- Practical experience with testing and test-driven development.
- Experience working with PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Yii2
- Experience building with and managing WordPress websites.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Presentation skills, ability to talk about and present your ideas to team members and clients.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Managing fellow developers.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications and the PMW content management system.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimisation for all devices and viewports.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
The PMW development team plays a role in all parts of a project’s life cycle. So, whilst you’ll spend most of your time writing code, expect to spend time on planning and discovery, liaising with other departments, talking to clients, and analysing data metrics.
Candidates should be able to show and discuss some projects they have worked on. We want to see a deep understanding of the customer as well as technical prowess.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with servers and LEMP stack.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as git.
- Familiarity with eCommerce and Shopify.
UK BASED ONLY
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Two interviews and a trial day for shortlisted candidates.
What we’ll do for you…
25 days’ holiday + bank holiday (increasing with service)
Option to take unpaid leave
Paid day off on your birthday
Early finish on a Friday
Free onsite parking
Beautiful semi-rural office
Billingshurst, West Sussex (up to two days per week working from home if you prefer)
Full-time – 9am to 5.30pm (some flexibility offered)
Please note, due to the semi-remote location, it is highly desirable to have a car.
Contact: Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STRICTLY NO AGENTS