At PMW, we’re a creative bunch, working on our clients’ websites, graphic design needs, PR, advertising campaigns and digital marketing requirements. We work with a diverse range of industries, from big-name financial and insurance companies and event venues to schools, charities and tech innovators.
Working for PMW is fun, fast-paced and exciting! With no two days the same, there’s never a dull moment.
We’re looking for a bold, talented and creative Design Director to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, we need you to be highly organised and a problem solver, who can deliver multiple briefs on time and on budget whilst being an inspirational leader to the studio team.
You will also have in-depth knowledge of the digital, design and print processes and, ideally, will have experience working within an agency or as part of an in-house team.
- Design: We’ll rely on you to turn design briefs into innovative creative concepts for all marketing channels.
- Lead: You’ll be in charge of guiding the creative direction and setting the bar for our design standard.
- Manage: Working with the account management team, you’ll set up schedules, manage the workflow, and ensure everything we produce is on time and to the highest standard. You’ll be the first point of contact on all resource/traffic issues.
- Pitch: You’ll confidently share your creative ideas with clients and our creative team in a clear and understandable way.
- Inspire: You’ll need to be good at managing and leading our creative team, helping them grow and do their best work.
- Brand: You’ll ensure that all of the organisation’s or client’s creative output/visuals are consistent with our/their overall brand.
- Meetings: Attend creative meetings and handle any resource or scheduling issues that pop up.
- Communicate: You’ll be an excellent communicator with great verbal, written and numerical skills
Education: A degree in design, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Experience: Five or more years of experience in a senior design leadership role.
Portfolio: You hold a strong portfolio showcasing various design projects and styles.
Design pro: Fluent in the Adobe Creative suite, focusing on Premier Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and XD, as well as Microsoft Suite.
Client savvy: You’ll need to work well with clients and understand the diverse briefs we receive as a B2B and B2C agency.
People person: Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
Team player: Ability to work effectively as a team player and can turn all ideas into real designs.
Leadership skills: You’ve got experience leading and managing creative teams, which includes being a good leader, building the team up, and sharing the workload.
Cultural buff: You have a good grasp of art, design, photography, pop culture, and current events. You’re in the know about what’s happening in the world.
Collaboration champ: You’re excited and able to work closely with teams and other agencies/suppliers who are based all over the world.
What we’ll do for you…
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday (increasing with service)
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible hours
- Early finish on a Friday
- Free onsite parking
- Beautiful semi-rural office
This is an incredible opportunity to enter the world of an exciting, award-winning, and vibrant full-service marketing agency. So, what are you waiting for?
Hours: Mon – Fri, between 9am – 5.30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Hybrid working – a minimum of 3 days in the office per week following successful completion of the probationary period.
Location: Billingshurst office with free parking. Please note a driver’s licence is not mandatory but would probably be preferential for the employee to hold due to the rural location of the office.
First round: Interviews, to take place at our offices.
Second round: Invitation to trial day.
A potential third-round interview may be required, but expenses would be covered if necessary.
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
Contact: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com