Full Stack Web Developer, full time, permanent (part remote working considered)
At West Sussex creative marketing agency PMW there's never a dull day. With clients ranging from famous charities, event venues, financial services, schools and national and international organisations, a career at PMW is fast-paced, varied and always exciting!
The agency has a dynamic culture and yet there is a strong family feel among its 40-strong team members.
Life at PMW is all about high quality work, client servicing, pushing boundaries and developing its people. No wonder the 26-year old agency is one of the leading in the South East.
Long-service awards, GEM awards, high street and cinema discounts, an attendance bonus, BBQs on the deck and Christmas parties fit for celebrities are just some of the perks of working for PMW.
This is an awesome opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to begin a career with an agency, which has a rich history, an exciting future and continues to go from strength to strength.
The successful candidate will join a team of three and will report to the Web Development Manager.
- Developing front end website architecture
- Designing user interactions on web pages
- Developing back end website applications
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Ensuring cross-platform optimisation for mobile phones
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Working with SEO to ensure best possible build structure for search engines
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Designing, developing and consuming APIs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in experience
- Must be familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Good working knowledge of VueJS framework
- Solid knowledge and experience working with PHP7
- At least 2 years' experience with Laravel 5 framework
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL
- Experience using version control systems such as GIT
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java and .Net
- Experience using CMS frameworks such as Wordpress, Magento, Drupal
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Money off high street and cinema
- Free parking
- Beautiful, and newly refurbished, semi-rural office
- Part remote working considered
This is an incredible opportunity to take the first step into a dynamic, award-winning and vibrant media agency, so what are you waiting for?
- Send CV and cover letter here
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
- Trial day
YOU MUST HAVE A CAR AND DRIVING LICENCE DUE TO OUR SEMI-RURAL LOCATION
MUST BE UK BASED
Strictly no agencies.
Billingshurst, West Sussex
Full-time – 9am to 5.30pm (occasional out of office hours and weekend work is required)
Salary: £28k - £35k depending on experience